Do you feel the shivers all the way up your back when you walk on a cold floor during winter? If so, this is just one of the reasons why many people decide to invest in under floor heating.
However, due to the nature of this construction, it's often best to time this project with similar renovations such as the installation of new flooring. In this article, we'll discuss why timber is the ideal partner for under floor heating and what the benefits of this tag-team are.
The composition of carpet can work against the benefits of under flooring heating.
It's easy to imagine why carpet might be the perfect partner for under floor heating – thick pile carpet comforting your feet on a cold morning. In reality, the composition of carpet can work against the benefits of under flooring heating. The combination of a heavy underlay and new carpet will act as a heat insulator, meaning your floor won't be as warm as you'd like.
Alternatively, specific timber types are more conducive for an underfloor heating system. Ideally, you're looking for thin, dense timber floorboards that conduct heat and stay warm for longer. The expert team at Sydney Flooring will be able to discuss your various timber options and ensure the end result looks great and promotes a warm environment.
Why get under floor heating?
There might be no snow on the ground, but winter temperatures in Sydney can get a little chilly. Of course, this isn't the only reason why underfloor heating with timber flooring can be useful in your home.
- Cost effective – Since you can limit your use of heaters and electric blankets, underfloor heating is an excellent way to save money in the winter.
- Quieter environment – In contrast to heaters and other appliances, underfloor heating systems are completely silent. You'll only notice them when you walk on the toasty floor!
- Low maintenance – Once an underfloor heating system is installed, you don't have to do any form of maintenance or cleaning – easy!
- Increased home value – Buyers are looking for features that enhance the livability of a home. Underfloor heating and timber flooring can be a real point of difference if you plan to sell in the future.
- Healthier environment – Heaters move air and airborne allergens around the home – promoting asthma and allergy triggers. With under floor heating, this risk is completely removed.
If you would like more information about how under floor heating and timber flooring can be used to advantage in your home, reach out to us today.